Building and Pest Inspections – For Buyers and Sellers
Learn The Advantages Of Getting A Property Inspection
A Building and pest inspection involves inspecting commercial and residential property by a qualified contractor. Inspections are necessary before buying or selling a property to ensure that the building has no defects, meets building regulations and standards, and has no pest infestation. Before any negotiations can start, it’s important for a home seller or buyer to have professionals carry out an inspection. Australia has a thriving property market and homes are bought and sold frequently. This has brought in a strong demand for property inspectors in all capital cities but mainly the East Coast including Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We were able to source allot of good information from Pro Inspections Brisbane, they service the South East region of Queensland. If you are thinking or buying or selling your property it is important to get a qualified inspector to do a thorough check of the building and surrounding areas.
A building inspection normally assess the integrity and condition of a building to reveal vital information useful for buyers and sellers.
Typically, a building inspection assesses the following:
- Plumbing and electrical systems
- Bathroom and kitchen joinery
- Pathways and concreted paths
- Doors and windows
- External piping and guttering
- Roof, walls and attics
- Wiring and framing
- Dampness and rotting
The building inspector makes a report on his/ her findings for presentation to the property owner or potential buyer. For a seller the report is useful in making any repairs to increase the value of the home. The report can help prevent a potential property buyer from investing in defective property
Pest inspection looks for signs of pest infestation and any related damage. It is important to ensure that you hire qualified and licensed pest inspectors when inspecting your property and seek advice on the best way to control and contain the pests.
What they look for
When a building and pest inspector arrives at the specific building, they will use their expertise to investigate a variety of main areas in the building. Typically, a building inspection will look at the building and document any significant defects such as cracking of the walls, deformation, timber pest damage, and drainage and plumbing issues among others.
A pest inspection will document evidence of presence of borers, termites, fungi and other pests present, damage and the severity caused by the pests. A building inspection report normally doesn’t include the presence of pests, its thus important to have both a pest inspection and building report.
Hire a contractor who is qualified for both building and pest inspections to save on cost and time.
Advantages For Buyers
- Identify flaws and problems early- Building and pest inspection can help you identify serious defects in the property before investing in it. Serious flaws such as cracks in the wall, defective plumbing and drainage systems, among others can lead to huge financial stress and losses since all the liability of repairing is signed over to you once you buy the property.
- Get value for your investment- Flaws in the property can give you a better negotiation power. Note that no building is perfect. Most homes will have one or more defects. As a buyer you can use serious defects to get a better buying price.
- Peace of mind- Professional inspectors are able to identify problems that you normally wouldn’t have noticed. Hiring a qualified and experienced inspector can give you peace of mind that the building is in good condition before making your final purchase decision.
Advantages For Sellers
- Save money and time- Home repairs are expensive for home buyers. Many buyers will take advantage of defects for a better deal. Some buyers will even inflate repair costs just to give the seller a lower offer. Performing building and pest inspection can help identify flaws and repair them before you put the property in the market. This can save you from bad deals while increasing the value of your home. It saves you time it takes to sell your home by identifying problems early and repairing them
- Avoid future unpleasant surprises- Building and pest inspection identifies problems early so you can perform repairs before potential buyers identify them. This can help you avoid unpleasant surprises when potential buyers identify problems during the negotiation process.
- Have power over the negotiation- Hiring a qualified inspector before you put your property up for sale can help you fix problems to your advantage. Ensuring a building has no major flaws not only increase its value but gives you complete power and control during the selling process. Having home and pest inspection reports will make the selling process easier, faster and stress free.
Inspections are an important step in the purchase or selling of a property. As a seller, your aim is to make sure that you sell your home at the best possible price while as a buyer you need to ensure the property you are just about to invest in has no flaws and meets standards and regulations to avoid future problems. Hire a qualified, licensed, reliable, and reputable inspector for a good job.
If you are looking to buy or sell a property one of the m,ost popular sites in Australia is www.realestate.com.au